Ubuntu Auto Login With Gnome - Adventures in Switching to Linux

Monday, December 31, 2007

Ubuntu Auto Login With Gnome

I've gotten tired of having to log into Gnome every time I restart my computer. With my laptop this happens a good bit since hibernating does not work (hopefully I can solve that problem at some point). You can have Gnome automatically login for you though. The process is simple, you just have to know where to look.

Go to System -> Administration -> Login Window

From here you can configure Gnome to automatically login as any user on the system immediately or after a delay. The latter option allows you to still login as a different user if that is your intention. All of my current systems are only used by me so I don't need that feature. And the obligatory sreeenshot to help you know you are in the correct place:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

needed to run gdmsetup from as root