It is nice when things in Linux just work! - Adventures in Switching to Linux

Sunday, December 16, 2007

It is nice when things in Linux just work!

Everything in Linux don't always "just work" or work the way you would expect. It has improved tremendously over the years though. I was very pleasantly surprised early this afternoon when I got a message from Gnome that my mouse was low on battery power. The mouse itself shows a red LED but I don't always notice that until it is too late. I was mostly surprised by this because of the work I had to do to get all the buttons on my Logitech MX1000 working in Linux.


After a little searching, I see that we have the GNOME Power Manager to thank for this. That is the same application that tells you when your laptop battery is too low too. And now I need to take a break for a little while to let my mouse recharge a bit...

No comments: