I am sure by now everyone and their brother has shared their excitement in a blog post about Ubuntu Brainstorm. Well here comes another.
Just over a year ago the massive computer manufacturer Dell started a site called Idea Storm. The purpose of this site was to get feedback from customers about what they would like to see from future Dell products and services. The site has been a great success and has helped to lead to such things as Dell selling preinstalled Ubuntu systems, Legal DVD playback on Dell Ubuntu systems and reducing all the preinstalled bloatware. Companies listening to their customers, who would have thought!
Ubuntu has decided to do the same thing. The are making it easier for us, their customers, to share our feedback.
I've already voted on a few things like:
- idea #21: Professional-looking bootloader
- idea #403: Improve file/folder sharing experience (Samba)
- idea #84: System Monitor Default Shortcuts (Ctrl+Alt+Del / Ctrl/Shift/Esc)
- idea #1278: Update NTFS support (a good part of my day was lost to an NTFS problem today)
- idea #762: Better Wine integration
- idea #161: Support multimedia keyboards
- idea #234: Color Coded Update Notifier
- idea #1117: "open a terminal" on the right click