Ubuntu Desktop Screenshot of the Day #5 - Adventures in Switching to Linux

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Ubuntu Desktop Screenshot of the Day #5

Wow! I have not posted in almost 3 weeks! Blogging takes a long time and I am short on time lately. I still don't have a ton of time so I am just going to take the easy way out and put up a new screenshot. Today's shot comes from my work desktop.


In it you see me downloading the Music For The Motion Picture Into The Wild by Eddie Vedder (you know, from Pearl Jam). When I first tried to download my album I got a message indicating there was a new release. The Linux Amazon MP3 Downloader was upgraded from 1.0.2 to 1.0.3. Here are the release notes:

Released: 1.0.3
- Fixed bug where read-only .amz files weren't being loaded.

Released: 1.0.2
- Initial release.
So they fixed that annoying bug keeping a lot of people from being able to download files. Nice work. I wonder how long ago they released it. I don't download a new album very often so I did not really keep up with it. I wrote about a work around for this problem before on March 4, 2008 though. I only had problems myself when I was running a Firefox 3 beta.

No comments: