What is your uptime? - Adventures in Switching to Linux

Friday, October 17, 2008

What is your uptime?

My system has been up for:

$ uptime
01:01:48 up 44 days, 7:47, 2 users, load average: 1.06, 1.03, 0.86
... but now it is time to restart. Some updates I installed over the past few days require a restart (though I don't believe it is a new kernel which is usually the only thing that requires one).

Of course this is nothing like the current uptime of the Linux server I manage (which I had to restart recently to install some more memory). I think it has been up for about a year before.
$ uptime
01:06:46 up 86 days, 2:43, 1 user, load average: 0.04, 0.02, 0.00
And this is far from any sort of uptime record too. Just an interesting tidbit. Oh, this would also not be possible if it weren't thanks to my friend the UPS. My electric power lately has been less than ideal.

Either way, it doesn't matter for anything... just interesting.

No comments: